River Wye Lodge ~ Self Catering Accommodation ~ As at July 2016
River Wye Lodge was rural Georgian hostelry with carriage house. It enjoys a beautiful position on the banks of River Wye. Its windows and patio look out over the river, and it sits between peaceful green fields, woodlands and old cottages of the village of Lower Lydbrook. The nearest pub is only 50 metres away and it has a popular Indian restaurant.
We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement. However, if you have any queries please call. We look forward to welcoming you.
Changes are made to improve the house on a regular basis so there may be occasions when there is a slight difference between what is written here and what you find on arrival. We expect those changes to be for the better.
- We not only have our website, which is www.riverwyelodge.com are also listed on www.groupaccommodation.com, www.bigholidayhouse.com, , and www.fweb.org.uk
- Booking/enquiries can be made via email email@example.com or telephone 01600-772929.
The nearest train stations are Gloucester (direct line to Paddington) and Lydney (a branch line). Both are 30 minutes away by car. There are accessible taxis at Gloucester station.
There are Stagecoach buses to Gloucester to Coleford, 4 miles/ 10 minutes drive. It is Service 24. Here is the link to the timetable https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/West/WEST_23_24_30_31_Gloucester_Coleford.pdf
The village of Lower Lydbrook has a grocer’s shop and Post Office. The nearest petrol station is JET Brierley Service Station, High St, Brierley Brook, Drybrook GL17 9DL Tel: 01594 860227. It is 5 miles via the A4136.
- WIFI Broadband is provided. Mobile phone reception is patchy in the area, though Vodafone and EE get a good signal.
- We provide a Welcome Pack of milk, biscuits, tea, coffee and sugar available in the kitchen.
- We provide bed linen, towels and bath mats.
ARRIVAL & CAR PARK FACILITIES
- Once in Lydbrook continue down the main road through Lower Lydbrook until you reach the River Wye. Turn right and you will see the River Wye Lodge on your right with large fenced car park in front
- The large private car park has plenty of car parking space for vehicles.
- Luggage can be unloaded outside the front doors.
- The main entrance to the house is up four steps each of 9” high, and there is an access ramp on right side of building.
- The entrance to the front patio is via 7 steps each of 7” high with handrail and a ramp alongside. The rear of the property where the hot tub and second barbecue area are situated is accessed via the left side of the house with 9 steps of 8” high. It can also be accessed via the central back door at 1st floor level which has a walkway leading to the barbecue and hot tub area with 3 step of 6” high.
- There is also a ground floor back door with only one step of 7” leading to a corridor and into the meals preparation room and lounge.
- The parking area and front spacious yard have fencing and gates to assure the safety of children and dogs. This area can also be used for ball games.
- On the front patio are 7 bench tables, with a good view of the river.
- Barbecue facilities are built in beside the patio at the front right side of the property (charcoal – not provided).
- Back patio and barbecue facilities also available, with 5 bench tables.
- Hot Tub ready for use with instructions.
- Walking or jogging footpath along the riverside.
- Bike shed, with outdoor tap for cleaning of bicycles
- Children’s playground
- Badminton court
- Games room
INDOOR – GROUND FLOOR
House Entrance & Hallway
Inside the front entrance is a large hallway, off which is a wide corridor leading to 2 toilets, the sitting room, the main stairs, and the ground floor bedroom with en-suite The lounge leads to the meals preparation room, kitchen and dining room. There are 2 staircases, one each end of the building. The ground floor is all on same level floor.
- 2 toilets with hand basins
- Sitting room
- ground floor bedroom with en-suite and walk in shower.
- Staircase, access to bedrooms and bathrooms/shower rooms on first and second floor.
- Sideboard with extra information & household items. OS wall map.
- Coat hooks and trays for boots
- Bench and boot jack for boot removal
- Shelf unit with library of books, family board games and box of lego
- Laminate floor
- Access from hall or from bar and lounge
- Wood burning stove
- Three-seater sofas and two seater sofas. Occasional tables. Coffee table.
- TV (40” screen) with Sky Sport.
- DVD Player.
- Fitted carpet
- Original pub bar with antique beer taps (disconnected) and optics
- 2 bottle chillers
- 4 pub tables and chairs
- Access to meals preparation room or dining room via small hall and secondary staircase for 1st and 2nd floors
- Fitted carpet
Meals preparation room
- Marble worktop
- Kitchen sink
- Front loading automatic washing machine. Washing powder provided.
- Hoover, floor brush, dust pan brush.
- Ironing board and iron.
- Additional toilet rolls and other guest items.
- High chairs & safety gates.
- 2 larder freezers
- Access to lounge bar, also to corridor and back door, and access to kitchen
- Larder fridges and freezers
- Fully equipped kitchen, cooker with gas oven/grill, 2 dishwashers, kettle, cutlery, crockery, cooking pots and utensils.
- Access to meals preparation room, and to the dining room via the serving area
- Long table to seat 26 people
- Access from Lounge bar or from kitchen via serving area.
- Serving area with full size bottle chiller, toaster, kettle, shelves for plates, drawer for cutlery
- Fitted carpet
Barn TV room
- Television and DVD player
- Shelving unit with library of books
- Sofas and coffee table
- Fitted carpet
- Access via back door of main building by meals prep room, and to Games room
Barn Games room
- Table tennis
- Pool table
- Bar football
- Access 10 metres from front door, and access to TV room
INDOOR – FIRST FLOOR
- Access via main staircase 15 steps (each step 7” high), or via secondary staircase 11 stairs of 7” to landing and 6 stairs to 1st floor level.
- 8 Bedrooms:
4 x king size bed. Wardrobe, chest of drawers, mirror. All with en-suite. 2 have double size showers, 2 of standard size. 2 x family room with king size bed and single bed. Built in cupboard, chest of drawers, mirror. En-suites. 1 bedroom with king size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, and en-suite toilet and basin, close to family bathroom. 1 bedroom with twin beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers, close to family bathroom and toilet.
- Bathroom with bath, toilet and basin.
- Storage cupboard with spare bedding, towels, at top of main staircase
INDOOR – SECOND FLOOR
- Access via staircase 14 steps (each step 7” high).
- 2 Bedrooms:
- 1 x twin beds. Cupboard, drawers, mirror.
- 1 x king size bed
- Bathroom with bath, shower in bath, toilet and basin.
This is a unit of 2 double bedrooms with en-suites. Access is either via the back door at 1st floor level which has a walkway leading to the annexe, with 6 steps of 8” high, or access from the side of the main building with 11 steps of 8” high
- 2 double bedrooms with wardrobe, chest of drawers, mirror. En-suites.
- Fitted carpet
House Handbook on sideboard in hall. Contains information and notices regarding the house along with emergency contact information/details.
A member of staff can arrange to meet & greet you at the property to show you the house and inform you of all the functions.
Office Address: Bighouselets Ltd, 3 Agincourt Square, Monmouth, NP25 3BT
River Wye Lodge address: River Wye Lodge, Ross Road, Lower Lydbrook, Glos GL17 9NU
Office Telephone: 01600 - 772929
Office Fax: 01600 – 714418